WW Sales BPR: Data Governance & Strategy Execution Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences The WW Channel Sales Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) team is responsible for implementing strategies, re-engineering processes, systems and tools that continually increase sales efficiency, effectiveness, and enable growth. The Data Governance & Strategy Execution Manager will be responsible for defining data governance and strategy in partnership with business partners including sales, sales finance & analytics, operations, across worldwide B2C and B2B channels. The leader will turn data strategy into programs and initiatives that support a broad, cohesive approach to data for Consumer and B2B Channel Sales that will align with financial and operational measures.
- Understand B2B and B2C sales strategy, key business process, and important metrics.
- Familiar with the systems and tools used for sales, sales operations, and sales finance. Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Ability to manage communications at all levels
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to “make things happen”.
- Be a team leader and carry positive attitude, good sense of empathy and ability to be decisive.
Do you want to be a champion of data governance and strategy for channel sales business processes? In this role, you will lead and manage data governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets! This role will focus on establishing and ensuring alignment to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. The role serves as a point of issues for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the business. To be a successful candidate for this role you be a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities - Lead implementation of an enterprise data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data by evolving organizational behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture - Define and communicate roles and responsibilities related to data governance and facilitate clear multi-functional accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets - Serve as a liaison between business and technology teams to ensure that data-related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, understood, communicated and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning - Develop & maintain an inventory of enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems and systems owners - Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, information lifecycle management, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the business - Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements - Support the identification of new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset
Education & Experience
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management
- - Extensive experience in data profiling tools to analyze data, cleanse data, improve the quality of data.
- - Technical skills including SQL, Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Tableau, Incorta and other platforms to help manage data.
- - Experience working with 3rd party data sources such as Dun & Bradstreet.
- - Prior experience working with Senior Sales Leaders on both strategy and operations
- - Hands-on experience of managing a team of data engineers, data stewards, and data architectures.
- - Good communication and presentation skills (Executive presence strongly desired)
- - Technical acumen required to effectively discuss and strategize on solutions with Information Technology leads
- - Deep understanding of data warehouse, business intelligence, and data analysis.