Wifi/Bluetooth Connectivity Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the "Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE)” organization and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. As part of the Performance Engineering team, you will be working on analyzing connectivity radio sub-system and identifying solutions to improve end-to-end connectivity experience. You should have a mix of experience in development, testing and data analysis. Be ready to make something outstanding when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Performance team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Strong understanding of WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE with focus on PHY/MAC protocol behavior analysis
- Prior experience working with wireless sniffers, protocol analyzers to debug and root cause issues
- Background or research experience in RF, Digital, wireless communications
- Experience in python for data analysis and visualization
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experience in IoT domain standards/protocols preferred.
You will be working closely with cross-functional teams to identify the right design choice to implement based on a data-driven approach. As a part of this process, you will be responsible for devising performance evaluation methodologies on SW/HW prototypes to guide the final design. You will also be responsible for defining the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and lead cross-functional efforts to ensure the targets are being met until commercialization.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience in audio/video quality measurements like PEAQ, POLQA, MOS, PEVQ etc.
- Experience in lab setting with programmable attenuators, noise generators, channel emulators
- Experience in IoT domain - 802.15.4, Zigbee, OpenThread
- Experience in multi-radio Coexistence a plus
- WiFi/BT IOT experience