Network File Systems Validation Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Storage System Quality Engineering team within Apple’s Core OS organization is looking to hire a talented Software Quality Network File Systems Validation Manager. The right candidate will use their understanding of testing Network File Systems to help lead the validation engineering team. You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the latest Apple Products with a focus on net file systems and storage. We work hand in hand with the Network FileSystems Engineering teams to support code changes, focusing on increasing the depth and breadth of related tests in both an automated and hands on manner. The successful candidate will help with both documented and ad hoc testing to ensure high quality releases for all our products. They will also be responsible for adding to automation and test documentation as new features are implemented.
- UNIX Systems deployment
- Foundation in networking and potential issues
- Operational scheduling and oversight
- Understanding and implementation of automation
- Shell scripting
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Responsibilities will include working cross functionally to drive and facilitate decisions of quality and ok to ship. The role may also include some hands-on triaging of failures and overseeing white box testing. Other targeted areas will be making decisions on how to improve test metrics, establish baseline testing, and provide sign off. Additionally you will oversee test engineers contributions to test plans, test tool development, debugging of scripts, and improvement of infrastructure for network test rack operation and optimization is expected. The role will require working collaboratively with software, hardware, and firmware development and test teams to gain an understanding of our projects and their requirements is expected.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience setting up and testing Network Shares.
- Exposure to HFS+, APFS, or Network File System internals.
- Familiarity with NFS and/or SMB protocols and testing
- Understanding of scripting language such as Python, Bash
- Familiarity with Source Control Management with Git
- Support Engineering team with triage, debugging and validation of software issues