Analytics Application Manager - Fraud
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. If you are passionate about innovating to deliver insights through large-scale data solutions, then Apple’s Business Intelligence’s Analytics application manager role is for you. We are looking for highly motivated, detail-oriented, technical savvy, energetic leader who can build high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power data pipelines and analytics solutions. We lead enterprise data stores with petabytes of data, process billions of rows of data in real-time, near real-time and batch to provide solutions to our users helping them gain insight and to make informed business decisions. The GBI team provides data services, analytics, reporting and data science solutions to Apple’s business groups including Sales, Retail, Internet Services, Fraud, Marketing, AppleCare, Operations, Finance and external partners. You will lead a team of software engineers, data engineers and engineering program managers. We leverage diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, Hadoop, Vertica, Druid, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond.
- Managing an employee team, including prior hands-on technical experience
- In-depth understanding of business domain and technology platforms
- Architect and design analytics solutions. Strong understanding of analytics needs and pro activeness to build common reusable solutions
- Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing standards
- Hands on development experience with relational or MPP/distributed database technologies like Teradata, Hadoop, Vertica, Druid
- Programming experience in building high quality applications, data pipelines and analytics solutions with at least one of the programming languages Java, Spark, Scala, Python
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau and Thoughtspot
- Experience with data science, machine learning technologies and cloud analytics architecture is a plus
- Skilled at developing key business relationships and develops effective working relationships with team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills, pro-active in approach and ability to learn new technologies
Manage an analytics application development team in understanding business needs, inception, development and operation. Deliver highly available, reliable, innovative large-scale data warehousing solutions to facilitate data integration, build optimized data structures and building reporting solutions. Be responsible for the reporting and dashboarding solutions using innovative packaged and custom-built tools. Lead a portfolio of multiple projects, setting priorities with measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Own ultimate responsibility for the deliverables, working with support and daily operations team to ensure 24x7 operation. Effectively communicate program status to the senior management and business partners on a regular basis. Keep current on the latest technology solutions in market to generate innovative ideas to solve business challenges. Provide technical guidance, direction, and problem solving to engineering team members. Contribute to standard software engineering processes and improve development methodologies over time. Run resources/budget and partner with and business teams. Lead and mentor people and focus on creating a cohesive team environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 6+ years of experience in data engineering or computer science with at least 2+ years of experience in management role.