Manager Technical Program Management (TPM) MLB/SIP & Quality
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a critical and high visibility role in the DFM organization. This could be a highly skilled engineer or a manager depending on the skill set of the candidate. We are seeking an TPM and Quality professional who brings broad expertise in the areas of SMT, Molding, semiconductor packaging processes, and product quality. You will work with cross functional team and suppliers to make sure the product design and process design are manufacturable; setup factory and quality processes to ensure high incoming and outgoing quality, and deliver scalable manufacturing processes with high yield and low cost in a timely manner; communicate effectively with management, cross functional teams, and suppliers; manage quality excursions. For a manager, you are also expected to build a strong team and develop your team members.
- Experience and knowledge of SMT, molding, laser, PVD/coating technologies
- Solid quality knowledge, ability to make sound quality decisions based on data.
- Experience/background working with Asia-based manufacturing suppliers
- Desire and ability for problem solving and debugging
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of experience
- Strong data analysis skill. Prefer JMP or Tableau skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, documentation, communication & presentation skills.
Work with CMs/suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to bring-up a scalable mass-production process for system-MLBs/SiPs Areas of ownership will include factory set-up and sustenance of technical operations functions associated with MLB/SiP manufacturing, including SMT and Test processes. Work with internal and factory-based NPI Operations, Procurement and Engineering groups to deliver on factory output, yield and quality.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Engineering, EE, Material Science or related with 10+ years experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.