Financial Analyst, Media Products Cost Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is critical to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
- 3+ years relevant finance experience in a high performance and growing organization
- Hands-on financial experience performing modeling, forecasting and reporting
- Ability to quickly build effective working relationships and influence cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and solutions simultaneously
- Self-motivated and independent. Ability to deliver compelling solutions in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate results of analysis in easy to understand business terms. Presents data in simple and intuitive formats.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with flawless attention to detail
- High degree of proficiency in Excel required. Experience with Tableau, FileMaker and SAP, BPC, Essbase enterprise systems preferred.
We are looking for a talented and driven financial analyst to provide budget planning and management support for Apple’s media businesses, including MUSIC, News+, Books and Video. You will work with a variety of cross-functional teams, supporting high energy and fast paced business partners. Your responsibilities will include forecasting and planning, accounting close activities, reporting and analytics, and decision support. You will work directly with MUSIC business ops on managing the content licensing, live events and Beats 1 budgets. Specific job duties: - Develop and innovate processes, models and processes to accurately forecast spending, help business manage their budget - Present forecasts and actual business results to senior Finance leadership - Partner with business teams to develop annual business plan, approve expenditures and provide ad hoc analytical and decision-making support - Work closely with FP&A team to fulfill corporate finance deliverables - Prepare quarterly journal entries to be posted to the general ledger - Perform ad hoc reporting and analyses as needed
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or Business