Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're seeking a Technical Support Engineer to work in the AppleCare Enterprise Services group providing advanced technical assistance via telephone, e-mail, and occasional on-site visits to ACES Enterprise customers deploying solutions based on Apple products. This position can be onsite in Austin, TX or Elk Grove, CA.
- Ability to collect information and engage in complex problems as well as willingness to work with team members asking and answering questions.
- Experience with integrating, aiding support for and troubleshooting Apple products in dynamic environments.
- Experience using client and device management tools such as Mobile Device Management software and supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft and UNIX operating systems and directory services.
- Knowledge of UNIX command-line, scripting, backup/restore operations, network storage troubleshooting a plus.
- Self starter with excellent Enterprise level customer-facing interface skills along with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Senior-level department server administration experience is a plus.
Provide solutions to technical problems for system administrators deploying, managing, and integrating Apple products with third party products and server platforms, or networks. Assists in the creation and maintenance of technical resource documents and other operational duties within the department. Work with customers to address post-sales technical customer support issues. Crafts and tracks technical critical issues retaining customer issue ownership in order to provide timely follow up with customer as required. Researches order and repair status for customers. Reviews warranty claims. Works with many multi-functional groups including Apple Sales, Product Engineering, Product Marketing, and service groups within Apple, to champion and resolve customer issues. Responsible for effectively positioning Apple's support products and technical solutions. Follows established procedures. You will have maintained above average attendance and phone metrics in the most recently held support position. You will be a strong advocate for happiness of customers and have excellent general knowledge of networking and server administration, with strong technical foundation in troubleshooting theory and aptitude. Validated experience with iOS, Windows, or Unix, administration is ideal. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Strong self-motivation and flexibility and willingness to accept additional responsibilities as they develop Research, investigate and provide high quality responses to technical enquires and maintain an ongoing authoritative knowledge of diverse technologies and able and willing to pursue new roles, assignments, and responsibilities as needed. Troubleshooting OS X, Airport, iApps, Mac OS X Server, RAID, Xsan, and iOS devices and arrange repairs for multiple product types and maintain knowledge of special contracts and procedures for high volume schools.
Education & Experience
AA/AS degree or BA/BS plus 1-2 years of experience in a customer service/support environment, or equivalent experience.
- Occasional (scheduled) domestic and international travel, after-hours, weekend, and on call duty rotation.