Institutional and Public Impact Businesses, Strategic Planning Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We’re looking for an Analyst with the business and strategic acumen to take point in developing the insights and analytical tools to cut through ambiguity and answer big, important questions to support the growth of Apple’s Institutional and Public Impact Businesses (i.e., Worldwide Health, Government, and Education). Health, Education, and Government are part of Apple’s core mission to leave the world better than we found it. The team developing Apple’s strategy and honing execution across all of these areas worldwide needs an analyst with strong analytic and data visualization (e.g., Tableau) skills to support our efforts. Predicting the interplay between key drivers (e.g., channel coverage, partner and customer incentives, outcomes data, device promotions, service plan changes, device + solutions bundles, etc.) is fundamental to driving Apple’s growth and impact in these markets globally.
- In this role you will create foundational tools and help build momentum for real impact and lasting value. To be most effective in the role you will bring the following attributes:
- Strong logic/ analytical skills and the creativity to develop robust analytic and problem-solving approaches
- Advanced modeling/ Excel skills
- Phenomenal teamwork and collaboration, along with the willingness to take ownership and get results
- Ability to extract, transform and load internal and third-party data (e.g., using Python, C++, SQL)
- Solid Tableau developer skills to create and refine powerful, user-friendly management dashboards
- Understanding of the computing and mobile device/ service industry
- Passion for education, government, and health markets and improving outcomes in them
- Relevant consulting or financial/ business/ data analysis experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to articulate results of analyses in easy to understand business terms
As a strategic analyst on the team you would: •Be responsible for defining problem-solving approaches and conducting analyses to inform key business decisions •Collect, validate, and ingest relevant data from multiple internal and external sources, as relevant •Develop Excel models to project key trends and support response to leadership inquiries, partner discussions, and business development initiatives •Build dashboards that combine key metrics to inform business leadership and derive strategic insights •Build presentations for senior Apple management and external partners to articulate findings •Support the team in moving from analytic insights to practical business recommendations •Partner with business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree of a quantitative nature (e.g., finance, statistics, computer science, mathematics, engineering).
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.