US Public Sector Business Operations Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Apple is seeking a Business Operations Lead to support the U.S. Government Sales organization. This person will be responsible for optimizing sales output and productivity across a multi-billion dollar business by supporting sales planning, sales analytics, coverage model and supply/ allocation decisions, incentives, and key programs. Successful candidates will be strong and practical problem-solvers with experience managing a sales operations/programs driven organization. Success in the role requires an ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple organizations. As a Business Operations Lead, you will work directly with Sales leadership, Finance, Legal, Order Management, Contracts, as well as other key stakeholders. A successful candidate may have sales experience on their resume, but must have spent time directly interacting with and supporting the success of a large sales organization.
- Your functional expertise lies in the areas of knowing how to use data and insights that provide business decisions support for strategy, planning and sales operations. You have done this through creating customer segmentation models, sales coverage/territory designs, sales compensation alignment, programs and systems & tools developments enabling decision support. (Functional skills)
- You can orchestrate across teams, both yours and others’, to build and execute complex business plans and strategies. You run effective sales forecasting processes, ensure pipeline velocity, account planning and business reviews. (Operating skills)
- You make the right decisions for Apple through deconstructing complex issues into actionable ideas, have the capacity to zero in on what is most impactful, and a willingness to say no to good ideas so that we can do something great. This includes leading changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or during the end of the quarter push to meet forecast. You ensure the team is effectively using the tools, business metrics and reviews, and sales process to meet and exceed these commitments. (Focus and simplify, Think clearly)
- You see around corners and look beyond just today. You have an understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and external pressures that may impact customer buying decisions. You understand how financials work to drive investment decisions within a company. You see the world through the eyes of the customer. (Strategic agility/Business acumen)
- You unlock the potential of every relationship. You do this by getting to know people, soliciting input and feedback from a wide variety of experts at Apple. You have the ability to connect with and influence the right people, at all levels and functions in the company. (Capacity to connect, Manage diverse relationships)
- You are able to manage difficult conversations and own the hard calls. Being responsible for the success of a project even when you don’t oversee all the pieces. You are successful by relying on your own expertise, trusting in others to deliver on theirs, and through deep collaboration. (Listening, Conflict management)
- You keep confidences and work selflessly to always do what’s best for Apple. (Demonstrates integrity Fostering trust)
Design, build, facilitate and own the core sales processes needed to run the business — this includes weekly forecast & pipeline management, coverage & territory design, account segmentation, quota allocation, and business objectives. Work with Sales leadership to define long-term, annual, and quarterly sales priorities Lead strategic business planning to enable future revenue growth.
Education & Experience
5-8 years of experience leading sales planning and business operations; or similar experience in finance or analytics functions, leading across diverse teams that balanced between delivering on short-term revenue goals, while seeing around corners to enable future growth. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.