US Carrier Sales Operations Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s US Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Apple is seeking a Sales Operations Lead to support the U.S. Carrier Sales team. This person will optimize efficiency and improve the output of this multi-billion dollar business by facilitating sales planning, owning business performance measurement, aiding in supply/ allocation decisions, managing quota, and leading and measuring new product introductions (NPI) and key sales programs. Successful candidates will be strong and practical problem-solvers with experience managing a sales operations/programs driven organization. The individual will work effectively and efficiently across multiple functional areas. The Carrier Sales Operations lead will work with Sales leadership, Finance, Legal, Operations, as well as other key partners.
- Functional expertise in the use of data and insights to provide business decision support for sales performance tracking and supply/allocation decisions.
- Experience with the systems and tools that support large Sales organizations.
- Build and assess coverage models and account assignments
- Lead without direct accountability -orchestrating across teams, yours and others, to build and manage complex projects to drive business strategies and influence all levels of leadership.
- Run effective sales processes and lead quarterly business reviews.
- Ensure the team is effectively using the tools, business metrics and reviews, and sales process to meet and exceed these commitments.
- See around corners and look beyond just today. You have an understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and external pressures. You see the world through the eyes of the customer.
- You unlock the potential of every relationship. You do this by getting to know people, soliciting input and feedback from a wide variety of experts at Apple. You have the ability to connect with and influence the right people, at all levels and functions in the company.
- Responsible for the success of a project even when you don’t lead all aspects. Rely on your own expertise, trusting in others to deliver on theirs, and through deep collaboration.
- Keep confidences and work selflessly to always do what’s best for Apple.
Design, build, facilitate and lead the core sales processes needed to run the business — this includes quota setting, pipeline management, business reviews, supply allocation decisions, NPI management and key program tracking. Partner with Sales leadership to track long-term, annual, and quarterly sales priorities. Support strategic business planning and cadences to enable future revenue growth. Establish rules and quota guidelines (with finance) to drive business objectives. Lead carrier quota allocation process; track quota attainment and provide visibility on performance to sales and leadership. Make the right decisions for Apple through deconstructing complex issues into actionable ideas, have the capacity to zero in on what is most impactful, and a willingness to say no to good ideas so that we can do something great. This includes leading changing priorities, urgent customer needs.
Education & Experience
5-8 years of experience leading sales planning and operations; or similar experience in finance or analytics functions, leading across diverse teams that balanced between delivering on short-term revenue goals, while seeing around corners to enable future growth. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.