Business Development Partner Manager - Apple Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come be a part of one of the fastest growing businesses at Apple. Apple’s Internet Software & Services team is seeking an experienced, thoughtful and ambitious individual with a passion for media and entertainment to help massively grow its services business, including Apple Music, News+, Arcade, and TV+. You will be supporting the IS&S team’s global growth efforts with a focus on developing new partnership opportunities, negotiation of deal framework and terms, and leading existing strategic partners. You'll have the opportunity to work with Apple’s engineering, operations, product, marketing, finance, and legal teams, and coordinate and prioritize multiple concurrent projects at once to meet hard deadlines. Your leadership will help motivate cross functional teams to collaborate and deliver on key performance objectives, and as a result, solve some of the most complex partnership challenges. The role requires a highly motivated and experienced teammate with great attention to detail. You are an effective communicator, a self-starter, and able to establish and run partnerships with major 3rd parties to distribute and market Apple’s media and entertainment services.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant industry work experience in running or selling value-added services, consumer subscriptions, and/or promotional bundles to third parties.
- Direct experience within the music industry as mobile app, label, publisher or platform is a bonus.
- Deep understanding of the mobile landscape, different operating systems, consumer hardware, VAS and OTT landscape.
- Strong business network at Senior Executive level. Know how to network and establish relationships with day to day counterparts and get key partners on board to accomplish key objectives.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Master of building presentations and understanding of Keynote is a plus.
- Consistent record of successful negotiation with both 3rd parties and cross-functionally within a large business structure.
- Passion, energy and aim to develop and grow a multi-million dollar business program globally. Grow with go to market activities and getting partners set up for success with any new service or offering.
- Extraordinary business development and partnership management track record. You were the “go to” phone call for your partners and a change agent within their organization.
- Ability to analyze data sets, size an opportunity and make credible, logical arguments that build meaningful results for both parties.
- Strong project management capability with outstanding attention to detail.
- Help to build business models and programs that help partners to achieve their business goals. - Passionate about the customer experience and developing plans and offers with partners that will delight Apple customers. - Assist in negotiations with distribution partners to ensure that Apple’s services are made available to large volumes of customers and marketed in accordance with Apple’s high standards. - Lead project management activities for integrating partners into the Apple’s services platform. - Run the commercial relationships with our partners including conducting analysis, making compelling recommendations, handling reporting, and helping to run contract renegotiations. - Passionate about the details and finding ways to solve problems not only for the partners you lead, but for the entire channel. - The right candidate will have the sense when something needs more evaluation and is willing to roll up their sleeves, do the hard work and thinking and key in crafting the solution (and the final outcome is remarkably better than when they found it.)
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required; MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- The role involves significant travel.