Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Store is an environment like no other — uniquely focused on delivering amazing customer experiences. With over 500 retail locations in countries around the world, we connect millions of customers to Apple products and services. Apple Retail’s Trends & Insights team uses multiple survey tracking methods to keep our fingers on the pulse of consumers’ experiences in our stores, online, and with our contact centers. We share actionable insights from the feedback we collect with leadership, partners, and employees in the field. Our team conducts ad hoc quantitative and qualitative studies to help understand and optimize the online and in-store experience. We partner closely with analytics and strategy teams to provide comprehensive points of view. We are embedded with business partners across Apple, working closely on strategic initiatives to help inform and move what matters. We are looking for a Research Analyst to join the custom side of our team. You will lead ad hoc studies from start to finish, and be the primary source of information and insights for your designated projects. You should be well-grounded in established methodologies and techniques, and have an innovative and fresh approach to understanding and disseminating consumer insights.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in consumer market research and analysis in client and/or vendor roles. Prior exposure to a range of survey methods and techniques, from web survey programming to qualitative moderation.
- Proficient at integrating quantitative and qualitative findings into key insights. Sees the big picture, and can abstract top themes for non-researcher audiences.
- Keenly detailed and able to coordinate and communicate effectively to drive vendor-led and self-led research projects.
- Possesses the poise and confidence to present to leadership audiences, and values presentation design and aesthetics.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, respects and learns from others, and approaches interactions with an open-mind.
- Self-directed, motivated, and comfortable crafting new processes.
- Excels in a fast-paced dynamic environment, balancing and prioritizing multiple projects under tight deadlines. Learns quickly and adapts to changing priorities and business needs.
- Intellectually curious about Apple products, markets, and consumer trends.
As a Research Analyst, you will liaise with partners to understand their information needs and requirements, develop and implement custom research studies from the design phase through final reporting, and communicate results and key insights to stakeholders. You will synthesize complex inputs into a compelling narrative, and bring a passion for driving improvements to the customer experience.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree or equivalent industry experience.