Senior Metrology Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Display Group is seeking an experienced and talented Metrology R&D engineer to join their team. The Display Group performs both exploratory and targeted optical measurements for research and development in a dynamic small team environment. The position involves developing methodologies and measurement capabilities for a new display process . As an R&D engineer you will develop cutting-edge metrology capabilities to enable current and future Apple products. We are looking for people with background in inspection and metrology in either the display, Semiconductor or LED industries.
- Solid foundation in in optical metrology with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in working with either or preferably all the following : optical sensors, white light interferometer , confocal microscope and thin film measurements tools and sensors.
- Proficiency and experience in one or more of the following SW are highly desirable: Python, Matlab, JMP or equivalent.
- Vast experience in vendor management and remote collaboration
- Experience in other optical review tools such as SEM review and optical review tools is a plus.
- Experience in inspection and metrology in one of the following industries : Display, Semiconductor or LED.
- Passion for working on cutting edge technologies and product delivery
- Thrives under pressure, able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills
Develop and apply topography and total thickness variation measurements Transfer capabilities to contract manufacturer and partners Manage tool vendors and drive development of new applications and measurement capabilities Collaborate with cross functional teams across Apple Responsibility for all development cycle: from the early stages of measurement concept, through implementation , GR&R and release to production.
Education & Experience
MsC or PhD degree in Physics, Applied optics or Electro-optics