Engineering Product Analyst, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives! Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! The Solutions Engineering team within Advertising Platforms is seeking a forward-thinking and endlessly curious analyst to lead efforts to help the organization: - understand the health of our products by bringing order to the many signals and datasets available, including system metrics and alerts, business metrics, bugs and customer issues, and more - come up with new, better ways to up-level this information to senior management and key decision makers; find creative ways to surface, aggregate, and communicate critical data - find patterns and trends that can inform the teams on investments (in software, hardware, processes, etc) that will yield a high return in product health, productivity, and/or customer satisfaction - extract, mine, transform/standardize, and visualize data - identify ways to improve our production support processes and help to bring about the needed changes - discover and tell the story of the data and what can be learned from it We are seeking a self-motivated individual that will not only execute on near-term plans, but also take initiative and — importantly — bring novel ideas and approaches to the table. The ideal candidate will be able to deeply analyze and mine the signals mentioned above, as well as build dashboards, reports, and other artifacts across our large numbers of components and systems. This role will partner closely with Dev Ops, Business Ops, and Engineering teams.
- 3-5 years of experience in production support engineering, contact center engineering, or other related function in an enterprise environment
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Able to brainstorm and communicate technical concepts with technical peers as well as non-technical business partners
- Experience in relevant technologies such as SQL, Splunk, monitoring & alerting APIs (e.g. Prometheus, PagerDuty)
- Hands-on data visualization such as Tableau; data mining; data querying
- Software development background is a plus
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL: - Audit current capabilities for measuring product health and recommend plans for improvements - Partner across teams to obtain buy-in for most important changes - Recommend and drive improvements to current processes - Build engaging reports that drive corrective action - Generate and share innovative ideas for raising the product health - Partner across all relevant teams in engineering, dev ops, product to achieve goals above
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.