Siri - Embedded Data Scientist, Data Organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization the mission of the Analytics team is to inform the evolution of Siri through measurement and analysis of the user experience. As an Embedded Data Scientist on the team, you will be an ambassador of analytics to product and engineering teams with the ultimate purpose of improving the Siri experience for Apple customers. In this role you will work on Siri features in areas such as productivity, entertainment, speech, natural language and home automation. You will be responsible for defining metrics, deriving and insights working with engineering teams to define logging, communicating product performance, and initiating and investigating questions related to your features.
- 6+ years of experience in data science, analytics or applied statistics.
- Expertise with leading complex analysis or design projects, mentoring analysis and can build relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and influence decision-making.
- You think about data in terms of statistical distributions and have an analytic toolbox to find patterns in data, apply statistical or Machine Learning models, identify targets for performance, and identify sources of variance about those targets.
- You have engineered information out of massive and complex datasets (e.g. Hive, Spark, Druid, Solr, Oozie).
- You have proven experience with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, Scala) and are comfortable developing code in a team environment (e.g. git, notebooks, testing).
- You use good judgment balancing art and science when visually communicating information (e.g. Tableau, Superset, ggplot, D3).
- You are self-motivated and curious with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to improve how things work.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills and experience in influencing decisions with information.
- Your academic background is in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Physics. Advanced degree preferred.
- If we need to enter language or culture experience/knowedge we could add “ You are fluent in Mandarin and have deep knowledge about greater China region and its culture”
You will partner closely with Siri engineering teams to develop ways of characterizing the user experience in how Siri executes on requests and connecting those characterizations into Siri's development. Define metrics that we will measure our efforts against as well as defining the instrumentation required for yielding sufficient data. Perform exploratory data analyses to enrich our mental models about Siri usage and identify new questions to pursue. Communicate with and advocate to a wide audience of engineers, managers and executives to inform decisions on how Siri evolves. Build analytic, visualization, and other information products with a drive to automate and scale the insights available to science and engineering teams. Extract information from structured and unstructured data coming from Siri's computational architecture.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree
- We are looking for people with a track record in building insights and relationships to affect decisions. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across billions of their interactions with a personal, intelligent assistant that is available on devices such as iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Watch, TV, and Mac across more than 30 languages
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.