Virtualization Technologies Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll be an essential part of our brand’s personality, ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. Be a part of making the next generation of Apple products. Join an interdisciplinary team in Apple’s Core OS group working across the entire system, from the kernel up through libraries, frameworks, and applications. As an engineer you will have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple’s embedded and desktop operating system products, collaborating closely with experts throughout Apple’s software and hardware organizations. You'll work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry. We are looking for a candidate who wants to be challenged and is passionate about working on products that affect the lives of millions of users.
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift a plus
- Experience working on virtualization technologies – CPU virtualization or device emulation
- Experience with kernel and/or device driver development
- Experience working with assembly languages
- Familiarity with hardware virtualization technologies
- Understanding of operating systems internals
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
Hardware virtualization is core foundational technology, and you’ll be implementing new hypervisor capabilities working across the stack from kernel to system frameworks.
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills