Senior Software Engineer - Internal Tools
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a software engineer working on infrastructure, you are in charge of crafting and developing with ground breaking technologies that drive innovation. You’ll be responsible for implementing scalable, reliable, and secure software for internal platforms that support the work of all engineering teams. In this highly-versatile, very rewarding role, you are going to be part of an exciting, talent-overflowing team working on developing software that will be widely embraced. In this role you will be required to work in highly collaborative environment, communicate to end users to continuously improve the user experience, and collaborate with peers to improve quality of our products
- 5+ years experience building services or cloud software
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively, with the team and internal/external organizations.
- Strong experience in Golang will be necessary.
- Building High Performance APIs In Golang.
- Excellent understanding of containers, deployment systems, and container management platforms, preferably Kubernetes.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to deliver and challenge the status quo.
- Extensive knowledge of software design paradigms in large-scale environments, distributed systems.
- Understand Unix system internals, client/server protocols, and data storage systems in a cloud environment.
We are looking for a professional engineer, who loves getting their hands dirty in code, while designing, analyzing and solving large software systems. This is an opportunity to join agile team to build high-quality services that encourage other teams. It will require a deep knowledge of micro-services architecture as well as container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes. To be successful, you will need to excel at working together with internal partners and customers to collaboratively build the right application/solution.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in computer science or related field.
- K8s, Docker
- Unix, SQL and NOSQL DBs