Siri, Sr. Data Scientist - Statistician, Data Organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Want to push the envelope on human-computer interaction at Apple? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who are building the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? Our vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization the mission of the Analytics team is to inform the evolution of Siri through measurement and analysis of the user experience. Part of this mission is achieved through evaluation and experimentation; as a Data Scientist, you will help to evolve our core methods and technologies.
- Expertise in causality (experimentation, econometrics, and general statistical modeling) and knowledge of how to leverage these skills to solve hard practical product problems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to naturally explain difficult technical topics (especially causal topics) to everyone from data scientists to engineers to business partners.
- Capable of driving projects of varying sizes and scopes - some will take months and some will take weeks — and you will need to know when to dive deep
- Data-querying skills (SQL and/or Spark, etc.)
- Experience with a scripting language for data processing and development (e.g., Python, R, or Scala)
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented with a positive attitude
The Siri Data Organization is seeking a talented Data Scientist to conduct methodological research in the realm of experimentation and causal inference methods! Your work will provide the building blocks for tracking and iterating on our product. It will drive core metrics and help to produce data sets that empower engineering teams across Siri to iterate on their features using data. You will: - conduct statistical research to drive how we calcaulate our metrics and conduct measurement - your work will drive sound inferences about the Siri product - deep-dive our methodologies to determine how we can best engineer our evaluation/experimentation systems - partner closely with evaluation/experimentation engineering teams (engineers, PMs, analysts) to get your methodological developments translated into technologies that Siri engineering will use every day
Education & Experience
An academic background is in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Biology, Cognitive Science, Economics, Sociology, or similar quantitative field. Prefer advanced degree + 3 years of industry experience.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.