External Engagement Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple is looking for an external engagement specialist for our growing Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives team. This role would help to advance strategic partnerships and external engagement around Apple’s environment, policy and social initiatives work. You will have a strong background in written and verbal communication, and a deep understanding of corporate responsibility initiatives (with a focus on environment and education.) Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 7-10 years in a strategic marketing, PR, external reporting or partner engagement capacity for a large company or NGO, or in an agency setting
- Deep understanding of environment and broader social responsibility strategy from a government, non-profit or corporate perspective
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective meeting and event management and facilitation skills
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster productive partnerships
- Long-term strategy insight, including an ability to assess external opportunities for potential value
- Track record of effective external communication across various formats including digital and print advertising, news media, public remarks, internal presentations and business-to-business communications.
- Experience working across the suite of Apple software, especially Keynote. Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
Support a coordinated communications, reporting and partner engagement strategy to increase awareness of Apple’s social responsibility impact, with a strong emphasis on our environmental initiatives Contribute to internal and external communications campaigns focused on national and global moments Develop messaging and talking points for public and closed-door engagements with a broad range of partners Build and drive strategic direction with the global teams, serve as a liaison on daily messaging needs
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Editorial Writing, Public Policy or related field preferred.