Manager, Engineering Project Manager - Beats
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about Apple's outstanding products? Will you help us design the next generation of Apple products? Join us in developing creative solutions to deep engineering challenges. You will become an integral part of a team that champions engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. In this highly collaborative role, you will lead project management efforts between a variety of Apple engineering teams and external partners to build state of the art technologies for world-renowned Apple products. The Beats team is seeking a senior engineering project manager to help drive collaborative discussion between cross-functional engineering and design teams to develop roadmap concepts by driving feature definition discussions and early feasibility studies. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
- 8-10 years of experience in product development from early concept phases through production, with exposure to both hardware and software consumer product development process.
- 5 years project management experience and experience with developing strategy and managing a team
- History of balancing cross functional relationships and early prototyping efforts
- Strong background in software and/or hardware technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams and interact, influence, collaborate, and negotiate effectively at all levels of management
- Knowledgeable of one or more technologies: wireless, audio, battery, sensors, ergonomics, UX/UI, and embedded software
- In this dynamic position, you will coordinate and drive early engagements on roadmap investigations and product feature evolutions. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Strong communication and experience across and between a diversity of engineering and design teams is critical. The EPM will interact with all engineering and design disciplines plus and other resources inside and outside Apple to create exceptional products. - Contribute to overall roadmap strategy discussions and ensure roadmap investigations clearly defined - Break down complex software/hardware issues into discussion topics to drive engineering and design alignment with support from project EPM team - Develop and consolidate technology and product feature plans feeding into the product roadmap - Identify and handle program cross-functional dependencies between teams - Communicate development and feasibility needs, establishing milestones for checkpoints and status updates and drive alignment across the organization and between teams - Coordinate with teams to identify issues, risks and tradeoffs to enable quality decisions - Manage and foster key partner relationships and communication - Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks into an actionable form for executive management - Maintain an orientation toward teamwork and collaboration - Provide regular status updates and communicate critical issues as needed to executive team
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines. - M.S. is highly desired - English - US