Data Center Project Manager - Strategic Planning / Resource Management
Dallas, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. The successful candidate will be a highly go-getter who is technically savvy in Data Center operations and construction and is able to build and coordinate execution of critical resource planning to ensure ongoing Data Center operations across Apple’s global portfolio. This includes understanding, assessing, developing and communicating strategies for critical resources such as space, power, water, and labor.
- Shown experience working with diverse multi-functional teams in optimizing and scaling critical infrastructure across a global data center footprint
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitive analysis to drive decision making
- Familiar with a production operations in a data center environment including an understanding of how a data center is built and how they are connected (inter/intra)
- Ability to understand complex technical operations environments, communicate issues and provide solutions to all levels of the organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with extraordinary analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a strong team
- Experience within complex interpersonal settings (e.g., geographic dispersion, etc.)
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with validated experience and success in leading, collaborating, and driving team success across cross-functional teams of different disciplines. You must be capable and proficient in both written and verbal communications. Through skillful and effective listening and communication they must be able to influence all levels of management and peer groups, establish and maintain close working relationships with management, colleagues, team members and stakeholders within Apple. You will be able to anticipate changes early and ensure that plans keep up to date with reality through timely and effective decisions based on sound judgment and business rationale. The candidate will operate independently with strong conviction and possess effective leadership abilities, ability to plan, coordinate, and motivate others to achieve objectives gracefully adjust with changing circumstances and situations of uncertainty.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical discipline preferred