Siri - UX Designer, Data organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a critical part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to the advancement of a product that is redefining human-computer interaction, and work with the people who build the intelligent assistant that helps hundreds of millions of people get things done — just by asking? We are looking for a UX Designer on the Siri Data Platform team that works closely with the various technical disciplines to create elegant design systems supporting a range of Siri Data visualization tools including Siri Annotation application. This hands-on design role balances creativity and logic, and helps ensure a holistic approach that is thoughtfully applied across platform typography, iconography, and shared interface elements. The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization, the mission of the Data Platform team is to build scalable, quality, and performant data systems with the overarching goal of improving Siri quality. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of branding principles, style guides, and product design; an elegant design aesthetic, with exceptional attention to detail; Photoshop and Sketch expertise, working knowledge of HTML and CSS for Web systems, or Human Interface Guidelines for app creation.
- Audit current implementations, and identify potential areas for simplification and improved consistency.
- Create beautiful, holistic design systems with a high degree of polish and attention to detail.
- Design with flexibility in mind; ensure designs are extendable, accessible, and adaptive to varying workflows, viewports, technologies, and locales.
- Stress test the designs across all possible variations, and refine as needed.
- Create prototypes to convey states, transitions, and/or behaviors.
- Prepare design files for final documentation. Ensure layout, typography, and specs are pixel perfect.
- Communicate flexibilities and/or limitations to both designers and development, as needed.
- Work closely with team leads to understand design direction and priorities.
- Collaborate with the larger project teams to explore and iterate on design options.
- Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
- Promote thoughtful and purposeful design, rather than an enforcement of rules.
- Help define and/or improve how teams collaborate and leverage existing tools.
- Determine the best medium and optimize design files for creative review — be it print, onscreen visuals, prototype, or code.
- Create presentation flows that establish and build on a foundation of design rationale.
- Clearly articulate design rationale and any applicable limitations.
- Participate in healthy debates to ensure design systems are as robust and considered as possible.
Education & Experience
BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent).