Mixed Signal RF Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join our Wireless Architecture team? Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Process Engineering group, you’ll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and resolve how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. A project might call for designing new equipment, developing new materials, or even building a new factory to bring a forward-thinking idea to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you’ll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they’ve never before imagined. In this role, you will be a key member of the Wireless Hardware Design engineering team supporting WLAN/BT technology and programs across all of our platforms.
- - 5+ years of WLAN and Bluetooth system architecture experience in client applications
- - Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- - Excellent communication and documentation skills (written and verbal)
- - Ability to develop detailed RF component specification and design documentation
- - Familiarity with RFIC design and development is preferred
- - Experience in world-wide regulatory compliance of radio systems is preferred
- Define & document WLAN/BT RF HW component architectures and performance requirements - Define WLAN/BT front end modules (FEMs). Collaborate with RF HW engineers to specify RF architectures and performance targets and drive those targets to relevant vendors. - Drive component development at relevant vendors - Analyze and simulate RF system performance including cascaded chain analysis for EVM, IP2, IP3, and NF - Account for RF coexistence in setting RF component performance targets - Optimize power consumption and RF system performance via internal technology development and external vendor direction.
Education & Experience
BSEE required; MS or Ph.D. is preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.