Siri - Operations Lead, Data Organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We are seeking an Operations Lead for the Siri Data Organization. Working with the senior leader, this position will play a meaningful role in the Siri Data leadership team, helping the team to execute on strategic priorities consistently and with high quality. The successful candidate will have a proactive approach with the ability to work independently and collaboratively on a wide range of projects. This role is designed to bring efficiency, process, and standardization to the organization. The ideal candidate would possess strong project management acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build effective relationships and work well with a wide variety of people across functions and levels (executive leadership, recruiting, administrative support, product management, engineering)
- Proven ability to manage large, complex projects effectively in fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organization skills and acute attention to detail
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to distill complex information to be easily digestible for a variety of audiences
- Experience planning, managing, and executing large-scale events
- Flexible and adaptable working style; can easily accommodate changes in priorities
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate leadership and organizational needs and changes and course accurate appropriately
- Demonstrates a strong sense of professionalism; able to work autonomously on assignments and handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- Ability to have productive critical discussions with senior leaders
- Has a “can-do” attitude in all situations; no task is too big or too small to handle
- Ability to act quickly and accurately on time-sensitive projects
- Familiarity with how data science and data engineering is used in an organization is a strong plus.
Responsibilities include: 1) Organization - wide communication - Develop and execute on a communication plan for the organization - Create informative and concise emails, documents, and presentations for the Data leadership team - Directly responsible for overall planning and execution of All Hands meetings, including end-to-end logistics, working with the Data leadership team to design agenda, collect and prepare content, support delivery, and solicit and organize employee feedback to share with leadership - Build and maintain organization’s Confluence site - Produce newsletters, review Data Product announcements and presentations, provide feedback to the teams before shared with the leadership team 2) Run recurring strategic and operational meetings, such as weekly staff, monthly all-managers to ensure shared context, awareness, alignment - Assemble and make the agenda available before meeting begins - Collect and prepare content - Capture notes and action items - Ensure actions are tracked and executed 3) Support Data Organization Leader - Track progress on meeting hiring goals - Coordinate off-site meetings - Drive strategic processes: Ensure leadership team is setting effective goals (OKRs), communicating with clarity and transparency to the organization and taking effective action on team culture topics - Streamline logistics: Oversee and lead key logistical tasks like space planning, headcount planning and management, talent and compensation planning, budget, etc. Collect and consolidate inputs from organization leaders pertaining to these topic areas. Make recommendations from the organization level point of view - Improve culture: Help identify cultural areas for improvement and turn them into action. Could include but is not limited to team surveys, training, communication, transparency, etc. 4) Support execution of business process and projects - In partnership with Data organization’s Engineering leadership and Product management team, drive execution of quarterly planning for the Data organization - Project management - build and execute on plans to accomplish organizational priorities and projects for the Data leadership team - Utilize effective systems thinking to design efficient processes that elicit results from a busy team