Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love being challenged and solving technical problems, and want to help others to get their technology working? The production support team in Apple Media Products organization is seeking an Escalation Engineer who has a real passion for providing technical support. This person will play a technical troubleshooting role for customer and partner issues in Apple services including App Store, Apple Music, iTunes store, TV App on all Apple devices. You will be responsible for identifying, fixing, documenting, resolving, raising and tracking issues. You will also work alongside engineering, customer support, business and operation teams to front tier 4 level escalations across the Apple platform. This role provides exposure to our entire technology stack aa phenomenal opportunity to work closely with many teams, both engineering and non-engineering. If you are a problem solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, this may be a perfect role for you. You will have the opportunity to untangle challenging problems within our highly complex technology platform. You will be part of a global team.
- You should be experienced in many of the following technical areas:
- Troubleshoot and debug complex, distributed applications.
- Python, Perl, Shell or other scripting languages will be preferred.
- Analyze client and/or server side logs in tools/systems (Sysdiagnose, Splunk etc).
- SQL or other relational database queries
- Customer Service/Support Environment
- Bug/issue tracking ticketing systems (Jira, Bugzilla etc)
- HTTP request and response capture tools (Wireshark, Charles Proxy etc)
- Excel or Numbers
- You also should have all of the following:
- High logical/critical thinking
- Proven ability to bring a positive, courteous, and engaged attitude to all interactions by "owning" the customer experience and you are comfortable providing support to all, including executive leadership
- Initiative to challenge processes & improve results
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time-management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lead meetings and make presentations.
Understand issues from the description and discuss with ticket originators to get clarity if needed. Reproduce and investigate the root causes of unexpected application behaviour reported by customers, partners and other employees. Apply critical thinking to come up with ways to reproduce issues which are edge cases, hard to reproduce. Quickly and accurately assess the impact of an escalated issue and prioritize accordingly. Upgrade or downgrade priority based on analysis and convince ticket originators. Collaborate with and coordinate multiple engineering teams to resolve defects in the system and drive features/alerts to avoid repeats of these incidents. Act as problem manager for top issues. Provide updates and ETA for resolution to a wide audience, including management for all major incidents. Finish investigation and coordinate resolutions for multiple issues coming to the queue every day in various priorities, within the agreed SLAs. Conduct postmortem for prevention and faster detection of issues. Be oncall. Gain knowledge in new features, applications and payment methods in Apple Media Products. Take turns in documenting and training/share knowledge with the team. Develop tools, scripts, processes, standard methodologies to improve quality and speed in handling issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience is required.