Financial Analyst, AppleTV+
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you'll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is critical to upholding our dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company's future. Join us, and you'll have an important role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. This is an exciting opportunity, rich in analysis and playing a critical role in supporting strategic decision making. This role will work closely with the Video Programming Finance Lead to oversee a slate of titles. This includes but is not limited to forecasting, reporting and managing spend on a by title basis. As this is a startup initiative within Apple inc. the right person for this role will be hands on and should be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while juggling multiple priorities.
- 4-6 years of finance or accounting experience required
- Television production or entertainment (ASC 926 or ASC 920) experience preferred
- Proven track record of financial analysis
- Experience with SAP, Essbase and advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Exceptionally detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects, grasp new concepts, problem solve
- Ability to work comfortably with high level of ambiguity and complexity
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Manage a slate of titles from a planning and accounting perspective - Create greenlight models for potential series orders and season renewals - Collaborate with Production Finance and Business Affairs teams to maintain latest budgets and financial deal terms - Interpret complex contractual arrangements, calculate and present financial implications - Contribute to preparation of amortization estimates for monthly forecasts, quarterly close and long range plan and document variance analysis - Lead quarterly financial close process for associated slate, including preparation of journal entries - Ensure business compliance with policies and procedures as required by Sarbanes Oxley - Consolidate, build and analyze KPIs (e.g. viewership trends) for associated slate to track title performance and explore additional KPIs - Aid in the implementation, design and testing of IS&T projects to support business growth - Contribute to ad-hoc financial analysis as needed by business
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.