Production Support Engineer, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work The Production Support Engineering Team bridges the support between the Ad Platforms Operations, Business and Engineering Teams. We are seeking a forward-thinking and endlessly curious individual to join our team. You will provide first tier investigative support for production issues. This involves communication, troubleshooting, tracking resolution of issues and partnering with cross-functional teams. You will manage and triage issues to develop PCR’s, patch fixes, and work with the necessary Apple Engineering teams onsite and offshore. You will find patterns and trends that can inform the teams on investments (in software, hardware, processes, etc) that will yield a high return in product health, efficiency, and/or customer satisfaction.
- 3+ yrs experience in Ad Operations or Online Marketing/Advertising
- Excellent understanding of Ad Operations business and Campaign Management
- Strong knowledge of Ad Operations Analytics/Metrics/Reporting (i.e. Tableau)
- Understanding of basic Unix/Terminal commands, a plus
- Basic knowledge of media math (i.e. CPM, CPC, Ad Serving calculations)
- Programming capability in Java - ability to do code-level debugging and triaging of production incidents
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Able to brainstorm and communicate technical concepts with technical peers as well as non-technical business partners
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL: - Be the first line of defense for all questions and issues emanating from client communications. - Inspect, test, reproduce and troubleshoot issues with ad operations based systems, self-service platforms and sites/portals. - Act as a liaison between teams like Finance, Campaign Managers/Trafficking, Client Services, Sales, Publisher Relations, Engineering and Product (developers, product managers and QA, network ops). - Manage Projects and problem solutions - including a working knowledge of the work flows for digital advertising. - Prioritize workload and stay organized in a fast paced environment. - Explain Web advertising trends and technologies. - Work under pressure with frequent interruptions. - Learn new processes and technology, with an aptitude for and interest in mastering new applications and platforms. - Manage expectations of internal and external customers. - Provide excellent customer service for internal partners/teams and external clients. - Proactively investigate and escalate issues related to delivery, functionality, reporting or ad serving technology. Resolve daily operational issues and help educate teams to become more self–sufficient. - Quantify Production Issue trends based on Data driven metrics and SLA-driven resolution of client issues. - Analyze production issues at the code level to help Engineering work towards a quicker remediation. - Identify ways to improve our Production processes and help to bring about the needed changes - Come up with new, innovative ways to up-level this information to senior management and key decision makers. - Build simple debugging tools in Java in order to speed production triage.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.