Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom) designs and delivers iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps, and retail stores. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We work on high-impact projects that serve various lines of business, use the latest technologies, and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale! As Senior Photo Producer in Marcom, you will guide the development and lead the execution of best-in-class customer-facing photography and fine art communication in support of Apple’s business goals? In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing original photography and fine art commissions from inception through final delivery. This includes partnering with creative teams during ideation, supporting the strategic and production goals of brand teams, and leading production through all phases, ensuring projects are produced on strategy, within budget, and to the highest levels of creative excellence.
- You have at least ten years of experience in a senior producer position at an agency, commercial production company, or in-house marketing communications or creative services department.
- You have extensive relationships with the production community that bring an in-depth knowledge of resources, crew, and production vendors in the US and internationally.
- You take a leadership position with the team to explore and identify new up and coming photographers & artists, production companies, casting talent, and stylists.
- You work with both the most established talent in the industry and discover new alternatives.
- Are a strong team player who leads projects and motivates team members with indirect reporting relationships.
- You have marketing communication expertise at both a strategic and executional level.
- Lead concurrent projects with multiple partners and negotiate agreements where varying opinions are the norm!
- You have prior print, commercial, and some video production and post-production experience, excellent communication skills, exceptional project and budget management skills, and a proven track record of influencing the creative output.
- You solve problems creatively and are able to compromise without impacting the work.
- You excel at working upstream to anticipate and plan for changes.
- You understand the Apple voice and aesthetic and can shape creative work that meets the organization’s expectations.
- You are comfortable traveling both domestically and internationally, sometimes with minimal notice.
The Photo Production team works to create and own effective production strategies for a variety of commissions, shoots, locations, and crew sizes. We manage end-to-end original photography and fine art production, executing flawlessly, on time and within budget. We commission custom artwork executions from prominent and emerging artists around the world. We partner with artists to license their existing artwork in support of campaigns and creative messaging. We drive clear and consistent communication, helping everyone stay informed without overwhelming the teams. We act as a champion of Apple brand standards in all aspects of creative work. We are a bridge between the creative and Brand teams, as well as other internal and external business partners with specific business or communication goals. We work to find creative ways to increase efficiency with production dollars and push suppliers and vendors to deliver more exciting work in an optimal way. We track our expenses, show how our costs have evolved, and explain the story behind it.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.