Power Management Micro Architect
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices! At Apple, we push our designs to the limit in order to make amazing products. We want to delight our customers with hardware that performs great while delivering long battery life. As a member of the mobile GPU design team, you will collaborate with Platform Architecture, Software, Design Verification, and other design teams to micro architect GPU power management solutions.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in GPU, CPU, or SOC power management, as well as in energy-efficient/low-power logic design
- Experience in logic optimization, synthesis, timing analysis, floor-planning, multiple voltage domains, and asynchronous crossings
- Knowledge of computer architecture and system interconnect protocols and the ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
- A graphics hardware background a plus
Create micro architecture specifications and assess power management IP from other teams Drive performance, power, area, and functional goals Review and signoff specifications for customers and IP providers Triage power management issues in pre and post silicon Collaborate effectively with IP teams spanning multiple sites and provide schedules to IP teams and management
Education & Experience
BS/MS CE or EE