Manager - Apple TV App Engagement
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we don’t just create products. We create products, services, and experiences that redefine what customers expect and revolutionize entire industries. Join the team that dreams up what’s next, and that does everything necessary to make it happen. Bring your passion, dedication and focus, and help invent the future. We are looking for a highly experienced, charismatic, and hardworking manager to join our Apple TV services team to lead efforts to increase engagement with the Apple TV app. You will guide development and product strategy, for features and improvements that make our global customers want to choose the Apple TV app first, every time they want to watch a TV show or movie. You will become an expert on how people use everything in the Apple TV app—and create experiences that help customers find what they want to watch. As a leader, you love coaching and mentoring the team. You are a compelling communicator and actively seek to share the results of the changes with your partner teams to inspire them and develop future iterations.
- 10+ years of experience in software/media product development
- 5+ years in technologies used to increase engagement and helping people find what they’re looking for (i.e. personalization, machine learning, search)
- Experience succeeding in growing people and managing projects directly and indirectly
- Proficient with the key players, technologies, capabilities, and competitors of Apple TV app Experience in participating or leading user research
- Detailed knowledge of Apple’s services, and platforms
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Very strong presentation abilities, media training a plus
- User-interface design or software engineering experience also a plus
An expert in technologies and tactics (i.e. personalization) accustomed to increase engagement in products and services. Work cross-functionally with business, product, and design teams to evolve the product strategy for all discovery features of the app. Drive the product roadmap to build simple experiences to find what to watch quickly. You will work with analytics and research teams to understand challenges, seek opportunities, and develop and execute plans that lead to increased engagement with any aspect of the Apple TV app. You instinctively factor in ways to make our experiences feel local and culturally relevant for every user—no matter which region they live in. Work cross-functionally to identify and execute A/B tests that improve overall customer satisfaction, increased engagement, and growth. Develop presentations and planning documents—and present them to all levels of the organization. You are self aware and savvy in tailoring your message to your audience. You will lead, organize, and review launch activities and deliverables for new feature introductions. As a product leader —you excel at leading through influence, debate, and telling compelling stories. You value attention to detail. As a team leader you embody consistent values and principles that make Apple an amazing place to work.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent required