Worldwide Go-to Market & Business Development Lead
Culver City, California, United States
Beats by Dre is seeking an experienced business professional with a proven track record of directly managing and leading cross-functional teams to drive successful results with top strategic channel partners. The Worldwide Go-to Market & Business Development Lead will oversee a team of Regional Go-to-Market (Business Development) Leads - connecting short and long-term company goals to the strategic tactics being driven by each Regional Lead, with an objective of over-achieving quarterly financial sales targets and increasing brand share at both reseller and country levels. This ideal candidate will have extensive experience in crafting differentiated business plans across various retail channels worldwide. This candidate will have both regional and worldwide exposure, understanding localized nuances required to amplify global brand presence, while driving worldwide business strategy across The Americas, Europe, MiddleEast, Africa, and Asia Pacific. Furthermore, this candidate will leverage data, reporting, and insights in order to summarize and present Go-to-Market reseller activities, engaging with cross functional teams, including but not limited to: Partner Marketing, Operations, Sales, Finance, Brand Marketing and Global Market Leaders. Lastly, this candidate will represent Beats in internal and external meetings often including C-Level executives. Present the brand’s point of view on product, merchandising, marketing, training and promotions.
- Extensive experience across sales, marketing, finance, and business development in the consumer electronics industry. Account management and/or Category Buyer experience preferred.
- Excellent communicator with strong ability to influence teams across a wide variety of internal and external organizations to achieve a larger objective.
- 3+ years (minimum) leading and managing people
- Strong understanding of consumer electronics and audio industry across all routes to market. Ability to keep up-to-date with industry trends and latest technology.
- Analytical thinker with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (Keynote). Demonstrates the ability to craft storylines and produce a presentation keynote. Effective and comfortable delivering presentations in high pressure settings and can quickly make a connection with target audience.
- Skilled in project and workflow management. Ability to organize workload throughout the day to meet project deadlines.
- 5+ years of worldwide business development experience in driving mature brands; additional experience in growth-phase brand building a plus
- Proficient on MacOS (Specifically applied to Microsoft Excel and Keynote)
You will be responsible for leading a team of experienced Go-To-Market (Business Development) Leads while creating and executing channel marketing activities in order to over-achieve Beats Financial Sales goals. You will possess the ability to understand cross-functional success metrics and integrate into your teams go-forward planning. Success in this role is: Working with Apple Sales leaders to over-achieve Beats global sales targets; Influencing counterparts to understand and act in favor of your business insights; Driving and motivating global team members to grasp short term deliverables and long term business planning; Crafting reseller-level new product launch strategies through team insights. Possess deep analytical skills - having the ability to understand volume sales targets, measuring business performance, identifying gaps to plan, and working cross-functionally to influence key stakeholders in an effort to bridge performance gaps. Represent Beats in internal and external business meetings, while understanding channel partner’s point of view. Provide a point of view on product, merchandising, marketing, training and promotions in external meetings. Relationship building with key-cross functional stakeholders is a must. This role is responsible for maintaining the pulse of the brand in the reseller channel, leveraging relationships to inform team members when to pivot, adapt, and influence business decisions.
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university is required. Advanced degree, including MBA or JD preferred.