Optical Engineer (OLED Displays)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an Optical Engineer to lead the development of display technologies that will be used in award-winning Apple products. This individual will make major contributions to innovative display concepts and architectures of ground breaking technology.
- Consistent record of near-field and far-field optical modeling including FDTD, FEM, ray tracing, and analytical calculations.
- In-depth experience with optical device characterization and optimizations.
- Hands-on experience in optical device design, development, prototyping and building optical instruments.
- Expert knowledge in scientific programming, signal processing and data analysis (machine learning experience preferred).
- Experience in laboratory instrumentation and automation.
- Understanding of OLED display technology and related optical performance trade-offs, including viewing angle performance, color and white point management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proactive attitude and team-working spirit.
- Experience in product development preferred.
- Investigate advanced OLED display technologies with in-depth background knowledge and sophisticated simulations. - Build optical models and designs by combining simulations of the near-field and far-field light propagation. - Analyze the trade-offs between design, process, optical performance, and implementation feasibility. - Conduct competitive study on display optical design and performance. - Predict visibility of optical artifacts, conduct user studies and generate specifications. - Work with multi-functional team on the OLED display architecture, prototyping and system integration. Solve critical issues.
Education & Experience
Normally requires Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Physics, Optics, Material Science or EE.