Optical Engineer (OLED Displays)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an Optical Engineer to lead the development of new display technologies that will be used in award-winning Apple products. This individual will make major contributions to innovative display concepts and architectures on the cutting-edge of technology.
- Proven track record of near-field and far-field optical modeling.
- In-depth experience with optical device characterization and optimizations.
- Hands-on experience in optical device design, development, prototyping and building optical instruments.
- Expert knowledge in scientific programming, signal processing and data analysis (machine learning experience is a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proactive attitude and team-working spirit.
- Experience in product development preferred.
Major Responsibilities Include: Investigate advanced OLED display technologies with in-depth background knowledge and sophisticated optical simulations. Build optical models and designs by combining simulations of the near-field and far-field light propagation. Analyze the trade-offs between design, process, optical performance, and implementation feasibility. Conduct optical measurements on display optical design and performance. Predict visibility of optical artifacts, conduct user study and generate specifications. Work with cross-functional team on the OLED display architecture, prototyping and system integration. Solve critical issues.
Education & Experience
Normally requires Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Physics, Optics, Material Science or EE.