Design Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom) designs and delivers iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps, and retail stores. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We work on high-impact projects that serve various lines of business, use the latest technologies, and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Our Design teams are responsible for the planning, development, creation and execution of our print or visual merchandising related efforts. They are subject matter expects in their field, who partner with Marcom teams and specialized groups outside Marcom to ensure our design deliverables are designed and produced to world class standards. The Design Project Manager stewards project schedules and drives production workflow for all deliverables. You will manage multiple, multi-faceted projects simultaneously and be responsible for the transition from creative to production, tracking project status and project timelines, identifying bottlenecks, scheduling key reviews and ensuring smooth workflow.
- You have at least five years of experience working with creative teams in an agency environment.
- Your project management and time management skills are excellent. You learn rapidly, and you can accommodate frequent change, with proven effectiveness working under pressure.
- You have the ability to organize information quickly and at a high level to address potential roadblocks, and are able to define the best way forward.
- You have exemplary communication and negotiation skills and manage confidently through diplomacy.
- You have a keen understanding and appreciation of the creative development process and of the production process for 3D deliverables such as fixtures.
- You are an inventive and enthusiastic problem-solver, at ease working in a dynamic, highly matrixed organization.
Set up project file organization, including briefs, production schedules, reference material, specifications, and legal requirements. Develop, revise and distribute schedules for high volumes of diverse projects with multiple deliverables. Run team status meetings and maintain project status documents identifying next steps and action items. Ensure timely handoffs to production. Schedule reviews. Consistently re-evaluate workflow for efficiencies.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.