Software Engineer, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
- 5 or more years of industry experience building scalable micro services or data driven platforms.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Prior experience with Java/Scala/C++ or equivalent.
- Expertise in NoSQL datastores ( e.g Cassandra )
- Proficiency in data processing technologies (e.g Kafka, Spark, Flink )
- Experience designing scalable micro services.
- Familiarity with cloud paradigms ( e.g AWS )
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex problems and systems
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment
Core Engineering is a diverse, global, agile engineering team that moves smart and fast by consuming and optimizing readily-available technology, collaborating to improve and scale capabilities across businesses and use cases, and sharing our own innovative solutions so everyone can benefit. We are not constrained by organization structure and offer flexibility to work on a variety of backend systems and we have fun doing it !!! You will: •Collaborate with product management to define external APIs for campaign management. •Design and implement performant AI/ML platforms for online prediction. •Build shared capabilities like Authentication, Authorization etc to support multiple internal and external partners •Implement low latency, highly - available, high volume user facing ad-serving systems in a cloud environment. •Engineer secure and scalable distributed data processing systems that generate data required for online ad-serving systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required; Master's degree preferred