Mixed Signal Hardware Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? We have built the best wireless hardware design team on the planet. We’re looking for a talented individual to join our team. We support WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, and emerging technologies. As a Mixed Signal Hardware Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and verification of digital and power portions of wireless designs across all Apple products. The applicant should be familiar with computer system architecture and digital design. The candidate will work proactively with other cross-functional engineering groups responsible for other blocks in the system.
- 5+ years industry experience required
- Solid digital logic fundamentals including timing analysis, state-machine debug and/or RTL/test-bench development
- Experience with high-speed memory systems and communication interfaces (eg. DDR, USB/HSIC, PCIe, MIPI)
- Good understanding of MAC + Protocol specifications for digital interfaces
- Experience in crafting tests to target specific portions of silicon designs and digital interconnects
- Hands on debug experience with usage of modern lab equipment (DSOs, Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers)
- Good understanding of modern operating systems, multi-threaded systems, firmware and device drivers
- Experience in writing basic software routines and test scripts
- Familiarity with interpreting and navigating schematics and layout
- Strong desire to deep-dive system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a proactive attitude
Closely work with internal hardware, software and silicon teams to define system interconnects and power supplies. Implement in product schematics and layout. Closely work with internal hardware and silicon teams to bring-up, characterize (performance/power) and validate new digital interfaces + protocols Power supply application circuit design and validation, including load step response, ripple and accuracy, stability Work with external chipset vendors to develop successful integration and verification plans Position will require some international travel, 10-20%.
Education & Experience
BS EE or equivalent required; MS EE or equivalent preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.