Senior Program Manager, Channel People Programs, Cupertino
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
We’re perfectionists Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards forward-thinking, original thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. The US Integrated Customer Experience team is responsible for training, enabling, and motivating salespeople at Apple resellers in the US, including retailers, mobile carriers, and consumer electronics stores. The Channel People Program is central to our success. Whether it’s crafting, testing or implementing new programs for our Apple field teams or our Partner staff everything we do is focused on the people at Apple who do it. We’re looking for a US Channel Program Development Manager who will be responsible for the planning, creation, execution, and evolution of the US People Strategy that focuses on engagement, development and advocacy to achieve our sales goals. You’ll partner with the worldwide team to influence and implement global strategies that have local relevance. You’ll work in a dynamic environment with passionate colleagues, where your creativity and analytical skills can shine.
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years work experience in Corporate Program, Training or Organizational Design and Development.
- Experience in interacting with, presenting to and influencing all levels of Leadership.
- Experience in identifying areas for efficiency in customer experience and operations.
- Knowledge of Wireless/Carrier industry, Big Box Retail, and Enterprise sales processes.
- Skills to work across a complex matrix of partners, with a track record of forming close partnerships with broad extended teams.
- Ability to translate business goals into programatic engagement strategies.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal communication and social skills.
- Background and commitment to building customer and team experience solutions.
- Motivated collaborator that seeks feedback while driving goals.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Business planning and reporting skills. Specifically able to build reporting models that use pivot tables, internal data, and external data for analysis.
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust.
- Ability to facilitate collaboratively in cross-functional decision-making environments as well as moving ideas to execution
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to a constantly changing technology/technical environments.
- Excellent project management skills with phenomenal attention to detail.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule and embrace change enthusiastically.
- Experience with Apple products and software
- 25% - 50% travel required.
- You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas.
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience.
- The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with both Partner and Apple teams to conduct needs assessments and business analysis to build programs, tools, and resources that support and develop our internal and external teams and drive performance in support of the division go-to-market strategies. - Build and support the sales coverage and role strategy, including third-party staffing to ensure the Channel partner development plans are executed successfully. - Construct programs and offerings through an understanding of sales/ customer experience objectives, business trends, sales leadership requests, market research, and existing participant engagement and performance in partnership with Apple and Partner team members. - Deliver partner program development resources, such as training content, engagement activities, communications to participants, program updates, rewards and recognition, and experiences that increase sales, team engagement and retention— ultimately crafting the outstanding customer experience. - Establish and report on key performance indicators in order to track program results to the intended business outcomes, measuring overall efficiency. Leverage results to inform program development. - Develop activities for program participants that further the sales and customer experience objectives, including customer workshops, services, and events. To do this, foster internal advocacy for resources and support of programs by encouraging relationships with cross-functional teams. - Integration of adjoining Apple Channel and Program features including services, sales resources and training, merchandising, and marketing support. - Communication, prioritization and reporting of program performance to sales management, ICE leadership, and field sales. - Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive analysis, manage partners and uncover value and opportunities to measure the investment and impact of programs. - Deliver insights, analysis and compelling, narrative presentations to communicate conclusions and recommendations to Leadership.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher