Power System EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Power Systems EPM group is looking for someone like you to take on a forward-thinking, self driven, motivated and enthusiastic Engineering Program Manager role. You will have the opportunity to make an impact, and take part in and drive, innovate, Apple’s new product development and introduction, supporting the dynamic, ever growing, Wireless HW technologies across Apple’s product portfolio. In this Power System EPM position, you will primarily focus on future tech/road mapping activities for 2020 and beyond, with the emphasis on technology investigations with multi-functional teams and prototype/CM partners, spearheading competitive analysis efforts with engineering teams and marketing, and assist in product roadmap formulation. We are ready for you! This role will also have project execution responsibility in early proto phase of products. You will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on engineering design, development planning and validation cycles. We are rapidly growing and this is an exciting position, which demonstrates both deep technical expertise as well as sharp program management skills. Do you consider yourself a fearless organizer? Do you thrive as a communicator ready to work multi-functionally with highly skilled engineers?
- 4+ years of overall industry experience shipping consumer electronics/Power adapter products
- Project Management experience
- R&D or technical experiences in hardware development practices including understanding of power systems, USB technology, electrical architecture experience, consumer electronics manufacturing and system level validations involving software and hardware
- Experience in working with China OEMs in production products
- Experience in system project level management including project budgeting/finance, marketing, engineering and operations.
- Strong multidisciplinary, technical background
- Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, and management skills
- Road mapping/technology investigations investigation experiences a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbally and written
As project manager (EPM) you will collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations managers, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and product quality goals. You should be adept at offering multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. Are you ready for the challenge?
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE degree or equivalent Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally (~15-20% of time)