Watch EE - System Coexistence Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This is the opportunity to work on the intricate and complex issues that impact the product design and architecture to deliver the best in class performance for Apple Watch. This is your opportunity to work at the system level and discover the hidden schematic of system coexistence. With so many components packed together on a Watch, how does one subsystem impact another? The Watch System EE Validation team is looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is adept scripting and driving software to find problems in hardware. You will spend your time working cross-functionally to develop tests for design-of-experiments, and at-scale data collection in the factory. A critical aspect is ensuring proper data collection, where processing logs and analyzing collected data is part-and-parcel of daily activities. About 75% of your time will be spent with Python scripts, and data analysis, with the remaining time spent in design.
- - Strong Python coder (data structures and manipulation, text parsing, CSV processing, external packages like NumPy); automation experience with Python and Bash
- - Strong electrical engineering fundamentals for grasping schematics, system architecture, and circuits
- - Familiarity with applying statical analysis techniques (as applied to validating a spec, visualizing data, and concepts of correlation, mean, median, standard deviation); Dealing with large data sets
- - Familiarity digital signal processing, and limitations of sampled systems
- - Strong team collaborator, and thrives in a cross-functional environment
- LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
- - Jupiter notebooks for automated analysis
- - Previous hardware validation and/or hardware design experience
- - Previously shipped a battery-powered consumer electronics product
- - Familiarity with factories, and similar production environments
- - Worked with radio technologies such as LTE, WiFi, and Bluetooth
- - Can travel overseas
If you are a hands-on problem solver who enjoys applying knowledge and learning new things, there are many opportunities on our team. At least one year of related engineering experience required.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering is required
- Position may require some domestic and international travel. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job.
- - Exposure to radio technologies such as LTE, WiFi, and BlueTooth
- - Proficient at Python and Perl, or other scripting/programming languages
- - Previously shipped a battery powered consumer electronics product
- - Have validation and HW design experience