AI/ML - Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Understanding
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Siri Understanding team is looking for an outstanding machine learning engineer, who is passionate about developing and deploying innovative technologies and features to millions of Apple users on existing and upcoming Apple devices. This is a chance to create the promise of ML a reality for the user. The Siri Client team is responsible for the end user experience, as it relates to Siri, on all devices and platforms. We are looking to build a team capable of solving the difficult real world problems leveraging the latest ML technologies on the client platform. We are looking for machine learning engineers who have a keen focus on improving the user experience and helping build more natural and crafted interactions.
- Experience applying machine learning methods to products, features and/or services, including minimizing footprint, evaluating tradeoffs, and pipeline work
- Expertise in Python and/or C/C++/Objective-C development
- Strong background in at least one area of machine learning, such as deep learning, ASR, NLP, robotics, computer vision, gesture recognition
- Familiarity with Tensorflow
- Proven problem solving and debugging skills
- Skill in efficiently implementing algorithms published in technical papers and/or developing new algorithms
- Enthusiasm for continuing to learn state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
You will be responsible for developing new models, developing new ML architectures, keeping up to date with the state-of-the-art ML technologies, and working with others to bring those technologies to actual products. The role is to leverage ML to help seek the more intuitive user interactions and build the next wave of experiences for the users across all Apple devices. We are looking for someone who will work with a hardworking, product-focused team to ideate, rapidly prototype, and ship next-generation Siri experiences. You must enjoy building compelling features, writing elegant code and applying innovative new technologies in the service of human-centered design. A keen understanding of the latest ML technologies, the pros and cons of each, and how they can be applied to real world applications will be the key to success in this role. You will collaborate with other teams within the Siri Client group to provide the underlying technology to enable outstanding and compelling experiences and features. You will be required to be able to switch rapidly between projects, capture the meaningful information, propose solutions, do the relevant data collection, and produce high quality solutions in a timely manner. You will be working in the Siri Core Intelligence Team, at Apple.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics or related fields.