Sr Software Engineer- Apple Online Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The AOS team is responsible for delivering the e-commerce systems and solutions that enable and support the buying experience on apple.com. We build one of the slickest e-commerce site on planet while keeping Apple brand at the forefront in every aspect of the engineering. Our solutions are designed for global reach while keeping the regional nuances in mind. We use the latest in open source technologies in addition to building our own frameworks. The breadth of our engineering spawns front-end technologies, middleware services, application servers, AWS infrastructure and various type of relational and noSql databases and sure to cater to anyone looking for a meaningful career in a highly visible and rewarding environment. AOS is present in 39 countries and transacts in 27 currencies with a full compliment of e-commerce feature suite. This team is responsible for the core transactional Apps and Services that are the backbone for omni channel Apple commerce. The domain includes, price, taxation, customer account management, cart, checkout, inventory management, delivery management, order management, payments processing, encryption/security, and post order processing. The transactional workflows guide our users through a seamless ordering experience, with ability to process at unmatched speed.
- 4+ years of proven experience in successfully delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application.
- In-depth experience in object oriented programming like Java and/or C++, services oriented Architecture and Data Structures.
- Technologies â€” Java, J2EE, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Docker, MicroService/SOA, Web technologies/MVC, jUnit, Oracle, noSQL (Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo), Reactive programming, Queues/Solace, Memcache, HazelCast, JS & JSON.Â
- Infra experience in AWS
- Compliant Systems Encryption and hashing algorithms: AES, SHA, MD5, PGP, TwoFish;Â
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced development team
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities
- Collaborate and work in large multi-functional teams
We are looking for a self starting, ambitious individual with excellent written and communication skills, who is a great teammate, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative. Your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Your work will focus on building high throughput, high performance, reliable, merchandizing & checkout platform that support Apple online stores. You will have the opportunity to wield the latest SOA frameworks and technologies. You will join a world class team in the Santa Clara Valley and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams around the world to deliver disruptive innovations. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS/CE or equivalent