Disaster Recovery Project Manager
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here.. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Infrastructure Services group is looking for a Disaster Recovery Program manager to drive, report, plan and execute for Disaster scenarios. You will be in charge of tracking all aspects of a given program from requirements gathering phase to implementation. You will communicate progress, issues and the status to the executives and to all relevant teams. You thrive in a dynamic and complex environment and will help define and deliver the Disaster Recovery infrastructure, software, security and system needs that make Apple. In addition, you are a pivotal player in contributing to scaling, maturing operations and the best methodologies. This is an exciting position demanding a validated background in both technology and project management. At Apple, you will share in a dedication to top quality by partnering with several groups, all driven to support innovation. Key to your success will be the need to act as a business analyst on applicable domains, analyzing business needs and requirements, participating and representing as required in problem solving and design of engineering discussions. Performing data analysis to drive key decisions is the norm..
- 5 + years of project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills -- you are proficient in communicating to all levels of the organization
- Organization and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Validated initiative, follow-through, attention to detail and shown history of delivering high quality work
- Ability to work well with diverse engineering and non-engineering groups, vendors and customers in a reciprocal, matrix organization
- Well-rounded technical experience (OS, hardware, database, networking, programming, etc.) is a plus
- Proficiency in project management products: spreadsheets, management reports, team communication tools.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize reference materials and other resources to learn and apply new information
- You have validated ability to excel in a fast-paced development team
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
Defining and executing the full project portfolio Author and lead comprehensive project schedules including key work you're doing, breakthroughs, dependencies and resource allocation plans Handling open issues and working multi-functionally to achieve remedies as necessary Understand dependencies for delivering products and facilitate discussions to assess critical paths Establish key landmarks and drive progress to accomplish breakthroughs in timely manner Ability to handle out of band requests. Utilize knowledge of business requirements and processes to develop appropriate testing procedures to master availability of most important functions Work with technology associates to develop recovery procedures of systems and applications supporting high-demand business functions COMMUNICATE/PRESENT AVAILABILITY AND RECOVERY STRATEGIES Lead multiple project activities involving product meetings, DR project team meetings, validation sessions, and testing Continually review and maintain plans and procedures to ensure that documented information is current and recovery methods support the corporate strategy Identify, document and provide feedback on critical departmental processes and resource requirements to upper management Update/Maintain documentation
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferable in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- PMP or equivalent project management certification
- Knowledge of Agile, Kanban development process
- Six Sigma or equivalent analytical discipline