Purchasing Coordinator - Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Health Strategic Initiatives is looking for an extraordinary Purchasing Coordinator capable of working in a fast-paced environment. Have you ever wanted to work on something that really matters? Is it important to you to help others live longer, more fulfilling lives? The Health Strategic Initiatives team is focused on just that — enabling individuals to live a healthier, happier life through personalized and compelling products. We are an experienced team of business leaders, doctors, designers, PMs, and data scientists. We work in a collaborative and dynamic environment where we are constantly pushing ourselves to redefine the industry and create delightful user experiences. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in procurement, possess strong problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic environment.
- 3+ years of experience in Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Invoicing, Accounts Receivable or related areas
- Deep knowledge of procurement, invoice management, and vendor management
- Ability to build subject matter expertise with Apple’s purchase order and invoice management systems
- Detail-oriented approach
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Experienced working with and managing budgets
- Comfortable interacting with outside vendors and presenting one’s self professionally at all times
- Positive and results-oriented attitude
- Appropriate using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and Apple applications (Keynote, Omnigraffle, eApproval, etc.)
- Exceptional ability to prioritize
Responsibilities include raising purchase requests, purchase order receiving, processing travel reimbursements, and invoice reconciliation. Will work directly with vendors, project teams, and Finance to ensure we have the required information for processing of invoices on time. A successful team member will also have the expertise to assist project teams with crafting statements of work (SOWs) with vendors, setting up vendors on NDAs, and have a deep knowledge of Finance and Procurement policies. You’ll be a liaison between the Health, Procurement, and Finance teams to make sure information is flowing accurately and in a timely manner, and will be responsible for procurement/finance business system data input and integrity. You'll establish and maintain strong working relationships with peers, partners, and vendors and may be required to provide regular updates to project teams and management. May be assigned special projects as required.