Project Manager, Americas Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you passionate about process improvement? We hope you will consider joining our team. The Americas BPR Senior Project Manager leads complex regional and global initiatives across Logistics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Operations. The ideal candidate should have a successful track record managing projects that involve cross-functional process redesign, as well as systems integration/implementation. The Americas BPR Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading simultaneous projects of varying complexity and scope, while managing multiple partner sustaining relationships.
- 8-10 years experience managing complex and global projects in the areas of Supply Chain, Operations, Contract Manufacturing and/or Logistics.
- 5-7 years of experience in change management, including process improvement, technical documentation, and test planning/end-user validation.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing B2B/system integration and supplier on-boarding projects
- Proven track record leading strategic programs combined with ability to execute tactical, project-level activities and tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional written and verbal skills, and strong organizational abilities
- Knowledge of industry best practices, third-party provider management, and supplier technologies.
- Experience working with remote/distributed project teams in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced business environment
- Proven skill in working effectively across matrix and global organizations
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into technical requirements; corresponding ability to synthesize complex technical information into meaningful business value.
- Direct experience working with warehouse management systems in logistics facilities or contract manufacturing sites a plus.
- Direct experience in SAP/ERP implementation or end user application a plus.
This position requires the ability to manage cross-functional and cross-organizational project and partner teams to define, build and implement innovative technology and process solutions that increase efficiencies, improve customer experience, and facilitate growth. Candidates should have subject matter expertise in Partner Management, Business Systems Integration, Operations, and/or Logistics; exceptional project management skills; great attention to detail; and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of an organization. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who is comfortable working with ambiguity and managing complex initiatives in a global, fast-paced and matrix organization.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent degree required - Advanced degree in a relevant field or MBA preferred. Professional Project Management or Continuous Improvement certification (PMP, SAPM, Six Sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Leverage industry trends, best practices, and leading-edge technology and process improvement ideas.
- Lead and implement change management initiatives, influencing decisions through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach.
- Provide functional subject matter expertise and technical leadership around business systems and processes.
- Develop and maintain key project governance documentation to ensure an appropriate amount of structure is applied to enable project success.
- Gather, synthesize and document business requirements, process flows, and design specifications to enable internal and external technical development.
- Facilitate project-related test plan development, cutover, knowledge transfer, and post-mortem activities.
- Assess gaps between current systems/processes and business needs, develop multi-year roadmaps to address gaps.
- Apply analytical skills to rationalize change.
- Provide timely, relevant communication and elevate critical risks to project, management and senior-executive teams.
- Act as a liaison between global business teams, IS&T, and supply chain partners to ensure that business requirements are complete and fully addressed by proposed technology solutions.
- Ability to travel, approximately 25%.