Technical Product Manager - Planning & Resource Management, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of multi-functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun along the way. The Technology team is also responsible for a number of areas including systems infrastructure, internal tools, and applications delivered to customers on www.apple.com (http://www.apple.com), used by Apple business partners across the globe, as well as customers in retail stores. The Technical Product Manager, Planning & Resource Management, leads all aspects of the internal tools portfolio related to planning and resource management technologies, prioritization, planning, road mapping, and regularly reporting status on tool and feature development. In this role, you will oversee multiple products, and should be able to adjust priorities frequently. Are you skilled in bridging the gap between technical implementers and non-technical business users who provide core requirements, with the ability to clearly set expectations and communicate status to both groups? We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing exceptional support for the team.
- 6+ years product management experience demonstrating increasing levels responsibilities in a complex enterprise environment.
- General project management skills as needed for technical projects: status, project planning, and risk and issues management. PMP and/or CSM is a plus.
- You thoroughly understand product and project management methodologies, with experience implementing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects by adapting techniques to best fit circumstances.
- Deep understanding of waterfall and Agile development methodology.
- Able to analyze and document detailed functional requirements to create technical level-of-effort estimates.
- You are persistent and able to discover and eliminate complexity and ambiguity to ensure clarity and establish goals and expectations for services requested.
- Solid experience as a key member of a matrixed, multi-functional team, able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions.
- Able to apply sound judgment while working independently within tight timelines.
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team.
- Fanatical about creating order from disorder. Understands the “right” level of process to apply to different projects.
- Deep technical background, significant experience running technical projects, and/or hands-on technical experience.
- Familiarity with systems administration, deployment of new hardware, and the issues associated with both activities.
- Deeply familiar with software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Mac OS, multi-tiered web application stack, Unix (and flavors), networking basics, Java and front-end technology.
- Knowledge of databases (MySQL in particular), ability to write simple SQL queries, debug issues at any level of the application stack, and unilaterally troubleshooting problems a huge plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: - Collaborate extensively with IT infrastructure, networking, and security organizations to track specific details of tactical work for the Marcom organization - Lead cross-functional teams to define the scope, business goals, roadmap, and required results and outcomes. - Develop project schedules and budgets, estimate, negotiate and obtain resources to meet requirements, and maintain, adjust and update plans and roadmap as needed. - Quickly grasp the essence of new technical concepts and lead the team through assessment and documentation of goals, risks, dependencies, and timelines focusing on these concepts. - Marshal resources from team to execute effectively on objectives, and use resources efficiently. - Clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions, coordinating and monitor progress and costs. - Consolidate, communicate and lead on all issues and risks affecting products. - Gather requirements to develop tactical and detailed project plans, objectives and schedules that support department needs. - Communicate program and product status to global participants and partners accurately and on time. - Provide roll-up information to track products in the planning and resource management portfolio. - Lead rollout, release, post launch support, and issue triage during and beyond warranty period as necessary. - Deliver comprehensive summary of metrics, areas of potential improvement, and apply findings to future efforts.
Education & Experience
Requires a Bachelor's Degree. Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering is a strong plus.