Prototype Assembly/Test Technician
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Technician to join Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in setting up, running, maintaining and troubleshooting processes utilizing high precision manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to, glass cleaning/treating, lamination, optical bonding, inspection and test
- Experienced in working in a cleanroom environment (Class 1000 and Class 100)
- Reliable and accurate data collection and tracking that includes lot-to-lot data, defects, inventory and other manufacturing data leading to 100% traceability, and post processing analysis
- Tests and verifies parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications
- Flexible and collaborative, willing to work in fast paced product and technology development prototype assembly line
- Uses test systems to measure optical performance of components, subassemblies and assemblies, identifying units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as documented
- Ability to work with engineering drawings and standard operating procedures (SOP) for executing process recipes to assemble display modules
- Attentive to detail, with demonstrated ability to produce professional, high-quality prototypes
- Knowledgable about visual or microscopic inspection for identifying defects, recording results and assisting in the performance of failure analysis
- Experience working with backend semiconductor/display manufacturing equipment preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Experience with Numbers/Pages/Keynote/Excel
- Experience with statistical process control techniques is a plus
Successful candidate will be responsible for assorted display module assembly and test steps as a member of a prototype assembly team. Responsibilities will span the entire line from start to completion, running technical equipment for completion of prototype display modules. This role will assist engineers to conduct experiments for evaluating and developing innovative technologies and new methods. We encourage self-directed work team and require everyone to be highly self motivated. A successful candidate needs to be flexible, receptive to ideas from others, team oriented, and willing to work with technologists, engineers and others for continuing to push the technology envelop. Expect this work to include interfacing with cross-functional teams responsible for designing and producing exciting new displays and assembly technologies.
Education & Experience
BS/AS in mechanical, electronics, or engineering. Will also consider candidates with relevant certifications/industrial experiences.