Senior Technical Project Manager - Apple Employee Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This position can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA) or Austin (TX) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Employee Systems as a Senior Technical Project Manager to implement innovative application and solutions that serve all Apple employees. You will play a critical role in bridging the business and technical teams in migrating from custom built systems to a SaaS solution to provide world class employee experience as part of the key People Transformation initiative. You will be working closely with business and external vendors to define, develop, integrate, test and implement solution to support new business process and ensure the delivery is with high quality, on time and within budget. Candidates should have software background with hands-on design and implementation experience of large scale mission critical enterprise HCM applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills at various level is required. Leadership skills, ability to drive decision, influence change and resolve conflict effectively is essential to succeed in this role.
- Proven track record of managing complex software projects and leading cross functional teams to design, develop and implement applications and services
- Experience in large scale enterprise HCM and/or Payroll implementation.
- Strong functional knowledge with HCM and/or Payroll products such as Workday, Oracle HCM, PeopleSoft or SAP Success Factors, ADP
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills to translate business requirements into smart system solutions via standard configuration or custom development
- Good understanding of database systems (e.g. Oracle, mySQL, NOSQL, etc.) and logical data model
- Experience in working with development team to assess scope, size and budget requirements
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with key partners and cultivate trust by providing transparency and delivering upon promise
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Knowledge of SOX, PII, PCI and related compliance standards
- Experience with SDLC Methodology: Agile, Waterfall
Apple Employee Systems is looking for energetic self motivated techno-functional project manager to drive integration with the new SaaS HCM solution with both internal and external systems owners. You will be working with business cross functional team during the global design to define the global business process and system configurations requirement which trigger integration requirements and call out any potential data migration impact. As a technical project manager, you will ensure there is clarity and accuracy in the integration requirement for technical team and manage the overall delivery aspect for the integration with the internal and external downstream systems owners. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Work with business and cross functional teams to translate the requirement into systems specifications which have integration and/or data migration impact for the technical team. - Work with development and QE teams to ensure detail and complete test coverage. - Work with technical leads and architect to define scope of work, level of effort and negotiate delivery schedule. - Own the integration system delivery, project plan, monitor project progress, work with cross-functional teams including QE and Platform team to ensure high quality and timely delivery. Manage artifacts review process throughout the development cycle to mitigate risk in development gaps. - Provide regular updates on project status to both IS&T and business management. - Own product integration stability in production and ensure system is robust and properly supported. - Communicate and work directly and independently with business teams during the analysis and/troubleshooting development or production issues. - Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the team as appropriate.
Education & Experience
B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Management of Information Science or equivalent field plus 10+ years working experience
- - Workday Certified for configuration is preferred
- - Ability to collaborate across many participants teams