Mobile Software Quality Engineer - Apple Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is looking for a software QA engineer to support the validation process of our client-facing features for the Maps app. The Maps team designs and delivers forward-looking technologies and we are scouting for innovative and dynamic QA engineers to join us in our efforts to transform this space and push the limits of what is possible. If you want to leverage your passion for solving difficult testing problems while bringing your strong aptitude for quality to work every day, we may have a role for you.
- Comfortable executing software test plans and user studies.
- Highly organized problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience implementing QA processes, preferably for mobile features or devices.
- Possess a proven understanding of software testing and QA best-practice methodologies.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – you'll be working cross-functionally across multiple teams and organizations.
In this role, you will be comfortable working with dynamic and creative people to assist the QA of our client-facing features for the Maps App. You will implement best-practice QA methodologies and functions including testing and automation strategies which enhance the quality of our products. To succeed in this role, you will leverage your ability to translate complex QA concepts into clean, understandable solutions by delivering clearly documented test data. You will also be a collaborative team-player with strong communication and organizational skills, and show a passion for wanting to contribute to the quality of our overall Maps experience.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science preferred. We will consider candidates who have proven hands-on QA experience in a mobile environment.
- Knowledge of one or more of these areas would be valuable:
- Python or any programming or scripting language
- Experience with macOS or iOS