User Studies Paramedic
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a dedicated paramedic with a passion for health promotion? Do you think technology is the future for health and wellness? Are you looking for a challenging and fast paced environment that blends your medical experience and knowledge with innovative technology?
- Strong observation and evaluation skills
- Ability to identify and respond to urgent or life-threatening situations
- Work and excel in a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional and creative corporate environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solver
- Detail and execution oriented
- Excels at stress management and time management
- Ability to work on multi-faceted, cross-functional projects
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to interface between clinical and engineering staff
• Apply relevant knowledge and expertise to design and run user studies related to cardiovascular fitness, energy metabolism, biomechanics, measurement/tracking and other key physiological measurements • Screen and prepare individuals for various activities • Observe and evaluate individuals during exercise activities • Administer and record biometric and anthropometric measurements • Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations • Protect individuals by adhering to infection-control policies and procedures during equipment prep/sterilization • Assist with developing safety procedures for exposure to various environments. • Collaborate and consult with staff to optimize safety • Document relevant health information, observations, and measurements by charting in individual and department records • Complete preventative maintenance requirements of data collection equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions for maintenance; troubleshooting malfunctions; and maintaining equipment inventories • Maintain healthcare and lab supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; using equipment and supplies to accomplish job results • Maintain an active working knowledge of professional publications and current scope of practice
Education & Experience
Completion of accredited paramedic program
- Must pass National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam.
- Relevant experience in corporate health and/or consumer product usability evaluation preferred. Previous Apple experience preferred.