Software Design Engineer - Information Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This position can be located in San Francisco (CA) or Santa Clara Valley (CA) Apple is seeking an exceptional Software Design Engineer with a focus on application and infrastructure security; to lead software engineering efforts in the Apple Information Security organization. This is a highly technical and hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The candidate will need to have a good mixture of technical know-how as well as a background in higher level information security concepts and risk assessment methodologies, and experience integrating security principles into systems architecture and software development lifecycle.
- Passionate about keeping Apple’s customers safe
- Able to articulate technical details and risks to business leaders
- Enjoy multitasking, organizing and prioritizing complex projects to meet deadline
- Collaborate with other motivated colleagues working towards a similar goal
- Willing to share your breadth of technical knowledge, including security best practices, principles and threat landscape
- Shift perspectives to understand the goals and methods of an attacker
- Learn about new security technologies and methodologies
- Able to identify nuances and dig into details in order to understand systems deeply
- Act with high ethical standards and integrity
- Manage and improve a set of critical security infrastructure services for authentication, logging, security monitoring, and detection - Design, develop, and implement security controls and tools that improve the defense of Apple’s infrastructure and applications - Work with engineers to threat model new features and design responsive controls to ensure end-to-end customer protection - Lead cutting-edge security efforts at a scale you’ll only be able to find at Apple - Work cross-functionally with teams throughout Apple on technology and initiatives to enhance security and bring security best practices to our products and services - Develop production infrastructure fixes to complex vulnerabilities and design architectures to minimize business risks
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis in Information Security or a related field, or equivalent experience.