Software Design Engineer - Information Security
San Francisco, California, United States
This position can be located in San Francisco (CA) or Santa Clara Valley (CA) Apple is seeking an exceptional Software Design Engineer with a focus on application and infrastructure security; to lead software engineering efforts in the Apple Information Security organization. This is a highly technical and hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The candidate will need to have a good mixture of technical know-how as well as a background in higher level information security concepts and risk assessment methodologies, and experience integrating security principles into systems architecture and software development lifecycle.
- Passionate about keeping Apple’s customers safe
- Able to articulate technical details and risks to business leaders
- Enjoy multitasking, organizing and prioritizing complex projects to meet deadline
- Collaborate with other motivated colleagues working towards a similar goal
- Willing to share your breadth of technical knowledge, including security best practices, principles and threat landscape
- Shift perspectives to understand the goals and methods of an attacker
- Learn about new security technologies and methodologies
- Able to identify nuances and dig into details in order to understand systems deeply
- Act with high ethical standards and integrity
- Manage and improve a set of critical security infrastructure services for authentication, logging, security monitoring, and detection - Design, develop, and implement security controls and tools that improve the defense of Apple’s infrastructure and applications - Work with engineers to threat model new features and design responsive controls to ensure end-to-end customer protection - Lead cutting-edge security efforts at a scale you’ll only be able to find at Apple - Work cross-functionally with teams throughout Apple on technology and initiatives to enhance security and bring security best practices to our products and services - Develop production infrastructure fixes to complex vulnerabilities and design architectures to minimize business risks
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis in Information Security or a related field, or equivalent experience.